People wonder why mental health is such a buzzword nowadays due to the fact they are yet to come to term with this concept describing the state of human mental well being and it impacts on the individual’s socio-economic balance. The statistics are closing upon every individual on this planet. Needless to say that it recognizes no color, boundary, culture nor economy.
The vast majority of people all over the world do not have a simple but vast grasp of what it means for someone to have a mental health issue. Consequently, such people are by no means valuable to the well-structured system that may be put in place from recognition of symptoms to treatment and follow-ups. And more telling is the fact that cases get to professionals at their worst stages. It’s high time the public learned the basic rudimentary of mental health and maybe this might stir up inquisitiveness.
In the light of this, we have compiled 10 simple things to know about mental health, that will hopefully leave you with a lasting effect.
1. Mental health includes our emotion (how we feel); psychological (how we think) and social well-being (how we relate to other people). So it affects how we think feel and act. It is a significant determinant of how we handle stress in our daily life, and how we relate to others.
2. Mental health issues range from common mental health problems, such as depression and anxiety, to more rare problems such as depression and anxiety, to more rare problems such as schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. A mental health problem can feel just as bad or worst as any other physical illness only you cannot see it.
3. Depression should not be just categorized as feelings of sadness as there are many people who appear happy but are completely different on the inside. Don’t always conclude someone state of mind on facial expression.
4. People with mental health issues often don’t discuss their issue for the fear of prejudicial response. Therefore, if someone shares his/her issue with you please, such must be treated with utmost respect and confidentiality.
5. Mental health condition is a difficult situation because it is hidden. Members of the public should be careful with their utterance because you never know is vulnerable. By virtue of the state of their mental health. Read
6. 1 in 4 people will have a mental health issue in their lifetime in Britain;1 in 6 people in the world. (Mental Health Foundation, 2016). This is far too close for comfort. A wake up call for action. It could be anybody.
7. 1 in 10 young persons will experience a mental health condition. The more reason we must create awareness among the youths and encourage and consolidate attitudes that are good mental health complaint.
8. Mental health conditions respect no boundary, color, culture, economy nor race.
9. You are likely to be working with someone who suffers mental health conditions. The last thing is to a pain in the….
10. Mental health conditions can be treated and managed such that the person involved lives a normal productive life.